How is September already over?! This year is FLYING by! I am loving the cooler weather. The leaves are starting to change and I am ready for all the good things that come in the fall. I’m ready for the fall, the holiday season, and all the changes that are coming. Today I’m sharing some of my favorite things from this past month, so let’s get started!
- Related: Our Big Announcement
Favorite September Reads:
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. I gave this book 5/5 stars. This book came in my March Owlcrate. Ah.. I know.. I held onto this book for a long time before actually picking it up because I just wasn’t interested. But I am so glad that I finally picked it up. This book follows Alosa who is the daughter of the pirate king who’s kidnapped by another ship of pirates. She’s hoping to find a missing piece of a map that her father seeks. This book captivated me from page one, I definitely recommend!
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert. I’ve picked up Eat, Pray, Love to read several times, but I just couldn’t get into it. At work, I’ve been trying to listen to more audiobooks, so I decided to try this one. I loved the audiobook! I still have a physical copy, and to be honest, this may be a book that I’ll read again. But, if you’re having trouble getting into this one like I did, I’d try the audiobook.
- Related: 6 Books that changed my world
The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin. This is Gretchen Rubin’s latest novel, and if anyone knows me, you know that I’m obsessed with all of her books. And The Four Tendencies wasn’t any different (you can read my full review here) The Four Tendencies is all about the four tendencies that Gretchen put together to describe the personalities of people (mainly how we react to expectations.) She goes through each of the four tendencies, as well as how to work with and live with someone in that tendency. It was a very interesting read! And to be honest, it wasn’t my favorite book of hers, but it was still pretty good.
I feel like since we got Persephone we haven’t been watching as much Netflix (which is both good and also a sad) but this month I loved Flea Market Flip on Hulu as well as Law & Order: SVU. Like I said, we haven’t been watching a lot of TV. I’ve also been rewatching episodes of The Office and ended up sobbing during Pam and Jim’s wedding #PregnancyHormonesAreVeryReal. What have you been watching lately?
- A few months ago my aunt got me a new cookbook and this month I tried some of the dinner recipes. We LOVED the nacho soup! And I can’t wait to make some of the desserts this next month.
- Baby Epperson decided to make herself known to the world and that meant getting some maternity clothes. I got a few essentials from Motherhood Maternity this month and if anyone has suggestions on where to get maternity clothes, help a girl out and leave a link or recommendation down below!
- Another thing I’ve loved is that Persephone is starting to put herself to bed at night. Between 8:30 and 9:00 she’ll go into her kennel and stare at us until we go to bed too.
September seemed to fly by! We also found out the sex of our baby (girl) and shared that announcement with my blog and social media followers. I’m ready for October, for our annual Snowbird trip and for Halloween! What are you looking forward to this month?