Happy Thursday Friends! Can you believe that it’s already November? This year seems to have flown by! It’s nearly time for Thanksgiving and Christmas (and then baby shortly after that! I’m only slightly freaking out.) But life is good and I’m excited for what this new month will bring.
Before I get into my November goals, let’s see how I did on my October Goals.
- Blog Monday-Friday every week. Incomplete. I didn’t post a blog post every weekday during October, that being said, I did publish more blog posts than I ever have since I switched over to WordPress. I love blogging, and I hope to continue to push myself to blog more.
- Create a Baby Registry. Sort of. I did start this!! And I’m actually almost done, but life and work got busy, so I actually need to go back and finish. But I’m registered at Target in case you were wondering.
- Prep for NaNo. YES! Well, at least I have more than I did last year! And, that’s with me decided last week (on like the 25th) that instead of writing the dystopian novel I’d been planning all month, I am now going to write a YA contemporary. But, I have a rough outline and the characters have been inside my head forever, so I’m actually feeling very excited and prepared.
- Read the Scriptures Daily. Nope. I am STILL really struggling with this. Just yesterday I decided that instead of trying to study for a certain amount of time I’m going to focus on reading 10 verses a day. At first, when I had the thought, I was like “but that really isn’t that much…” but I have been struggling to get in the scriptures, and I know that I’ve got to start somewhere.
- Read 10 Books. YES!!!!! Guys, I did it! I can’t believe I did it, but I did, I read 10 books in October.
And now for my goals for the month of November.
Write a Book
Since I’m participating in NaNoWriMo this year, which is incredibly exciting and scary. (I did start writing this morning!) This year I want to finish a draft of my planned novel. I was able to do this last year, and I’m going to work as hard as I can to write a full-length draft for my novel this month. So, if I’m a little MIA (especially towards the end of the month) you know why!
Read 5 Books
I could probably read more, and I might since I’m finally making books and reading more of a priority but I’m not going to push myself nearly as hard as I did last month. But I would still love to read more books that have been on my TBR forever. We’ll see what happens.
Daily Kitchen Clean-up
This kitchen is basically the first thing you see when you walk into our apartment, and my stuff is always covering the countertops. It drives me crazy, and it drives Griffin crazy. This month I’d like to actually put my things away, and do a quick walkthrough/clean up before going to bed each night. I don’t plan on taking more than 10 minutes a day, but just giving myself some time to get things organized and ready for the next day.
Blog 3 times a Week
Because I’ll be participating in NaNo, I may not be blogging as often. I’d still like to blog every weekday if it’s possible, simply because I love it and I have so many things I want to share with all of you. But I don’t know how possible it will be this month because my biggest focus will be my novel. That being said, I’m still planning on sharing at least 3 blog posts a week.
So, as I mentioned above, I hope to read at least 5 books this month. I’m usually a mood reader, so picking books at the beginning of each month and actually sticking to that list is really hard for me. But I still picked 5 books that I’d like to read this month!
The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
The Power of Meaning: Finding Fulfillment in a World Obsessed with Happiness by Emily Esfahani Smith
Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
I also have a few audiobooks that I’ll be listening to this month, so we’ll see what I actually end up reading!
November is going to be a super busy month. My sister is getting married on the 18th, and there will be showers and parties getting ready for that. Griffin also has a job interview out of state so we’ll be taking a mini vacation for that next week. And then it’ll be Thanksgiving. So, lot’s going on and I feel like I’m going to be taking big risks and challenging myself to do more this month (mainly with writing and my blog) but I’m excited. I also have a few more personal/family goals that I didn’t post about today, but I’ll be working on those as well.
What are your goals this month?