Happy December!! How is it already December 2017? This year has flown by. And while there have been so many hard days, this year has been pretty good for me! For the last month of the year, I want to work hard and end the year with a bang!
Here’s how I did on my November goals:
- Write a book. Fail. Okay, well I still wrote about 30,000 words. But for 3 different novels. I started out pretty strong, but the first book I was writing was really hard for me emotionally to write and by day 7 I knew that it wasn’t going to happen. I switched over to a book that I started writing in high school, but I couldn’t really get into it. Then after a week of not writing at all, I decided to work on brainstorming a new idea I had, which is what I did for the last two weeks. Plotting and planning. It was not the NaNoWriMo that I hoped for, but it was more than nothing!
- Read 5 books. YES!! When the middle of November hit and I’d only finished one book I was worried that I wouldn’t complete this goal. But thanks to Thanksgiving break and some stellar new novels, I was able to read 6 books in the month of November! I read Till We Have Faces, The Mothers (audiobook), The Power of Meaning, Out of the Ordinary, Autoboyography, and The Magnolia Story (audiobook).
- Daily Kitchen Clean-up. Sort of. Kind of. Not really. It really depended on the day. This is still something I’d love to work on.
- Blog 3 times a week. Almost! I didn’t get three posts up every week, but I am blogging more consistently!
Now for my December Goals!
Write 1000 words a day.
I want to be writing every single day. This used to be a habit, but it hasn’t been for over a year. I’m starting on the smaller end, but setting a goal to write 1000 words every day. (I’m also hoping to do this in the mornings instead of hitting snooze a few times, wish me luck!) — I’d also like to start writing the novel I ended up planning durning NaNo, or at least get it started!
Publish 12 Blog Posts.
I want to be creating and writing content on my blog more regularly. I’ve really struggled in the past to be a consistent blogger, but I love blogging! So the other day I sat down and planned out some blog content from now until the end of February. I shared that on Twitter and so many bloggers were all “teach me your ways.” My secret? I’m having a baby either at the beginning of February or the end of January, but I still want to have something new on my blog and not have to stress about it. So, I planned out some content. We’ll see how it goes!
With Christmas just around the corner, it means that we’ll be having lot’s of family gatherings this month! I want to focus on family and Christ this month, instead of being super distracted by my phone or books or anything else. I really want to take a step back, relax, and enjoy the last month of 2017.
I should mention (again) that I didn’t read most of the books I’d hoped to read in November, but I’m hoping that this month I’ll actually be able to maybe sort of stick to my TBR. Here’s what I’m hoping to read in December:
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (re-read)
- Crimson Ash by Haley Sulich (this one doesn’t come out until 2018, but I received an ARC from the publisher, and I’m about 100 pages in and cannot wait to finish it!)
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I’m about halfway through this one, and I’m loving it so far, I just need to sit down and finish this one.
- A Christmas Melody by Anita Stansfield. I re-read this every year around Christmas time. It’s incredibly cheesy and the more books I read, the more this one makes me cringe at parts, but I still love it. I can’t help it.
- The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans. I got this one from my grandma last Christmas, and I’m hoping it helps get me into the Christmas spirit even more!
My TBR feels rather big this month, but a bunch of the books are from the library and I really really want to read them, so, we’ll see what happens! What are you planning to read this month?
I only have a few goals this month because December is always a crazy month. I love this time of year and I really want to relax and enjoy everything that’s happening. What are your goals this month?